Friday 15 June 2012

Social Networking Platforms - What to Choose





Why is it to me - Google+ just seems like a ghost town that's nice to be around.. Or even a village where there isn't that many people but there is enough there to get some good information and have a good time..




Whereas Facebook is more a downtown city - with some people too busy to say a word to you to they will leave a post and dash off and if they have time to comment back they will - but now its not so much of a Social Faux Pas if someone was to not reply to a comment on Facebook.. You will have some close friends that you will talk to, look at, and actually take notice of on your News Feed and the rest are just people that are there and that you do not know..





And then we have Twitter - I am unsure of what to say about Twitter really - I haven't really spent that much time with Twitter to say a lot about it.. It more just seems like somewhere that you can put random links, comments and photos or videos onto.. In a way though now - Twitter has become a Social Media advertising platform for celebrities.. Not just to advertise products, but themselves also..





However, I believe that all 3 are quite diverse in their approach to Social Networking.. Although Google+ will need to differentiate itself some more from Facebook to get it's foot in the door and be recognised as a Social Network of its own instead of trying to steal the thunder of Facebook - which makes people angry to just think about.. I mean Twitter did it didn't they - they created a more diverse approach to Social Networking - even though there are so many people that still don't get Twitter (including me) it is still a hugely popular Social Networking Site and even though I don't get it that much, I still post stuff to it.. Whereas when I'm on Google+ I still find myself longing for the safety of Facebook with all my friends.. And I try so hard to post things I find on Google+ to Facebook for all my friends to see (as most of them are not on Google+).. But when I can post things to the entire world I guess they would see it.... Eventually..

But after all I think I'm going to stick with all three and see how this pans out.. For any people with paranoia or who watch way too much Alex Jones, this would be a bad idea due to the digital footprint I would be leaving, but ah well - if I ever wanted to remove all my digital footprint from the internet, I would probably just Google it :)..

Get a free giffgaff Sim

No comments:

Post a Comment